Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Still around


It’s been a while since my last blog, but let’s just say round two really kicked my ass. Basically from Tuesday last week until Sunday morning all I did was go back and forth to treatment and either sleep, get sick or try to eat. It was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. But I got through it and I’m slowly getting better.

I have a meeting with my doctor tomorrow and am hoping to get more help with my anxiety. So far the Zoloft they have gave me has not done much to calm me down. I have week off before I have to go get my next Bleo shot. (I got one yesterday). I just want to be more prepared from my final long week when I start my third round Labor Day week.

I knew chemotherapy was going to be tough, but you’re never truly prepared for it. I never feel “normal” but I’m able to keep some food down and I’m drinking more so I’m getting better. We will see how the next couple weeks go. I’m hoping I start to feel better the closer I get to round 3. Thanks for reading and sorry for not updating in a while.

I also want to to say thanks to my wife and my mom for taking care of me while I was so sick. My wife was a saint as always and my mom took the entire week off work to take me to treatment and help take care of me. I can never really repay them, but just wanted to say thanks. And I of course can’t forget my mother-in-law Mirzeta who is taking such good care of my two beautiful babies so Dina can take care of the big baby (me). I love you all  so much and appreciate your support.

1 comment: