Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 2, Cycle 1 of treament

My second day of treatment went pretty smooth. I had quite a few battles with the hiccups (they can get super annoying when constant). Not sure what worked, but got them under control on and off.

My good friends Jeff Fuller and Mary Beth stopped by, which was really nice of them plus it gave Dina a chance to go see the kids. Visitors are welcome just check with me if you want to come by. I am only allowed two at a time.

Once I left treatment yesterday I was very tired and slept most of the rest of the day. I woke up to eat a light meal and a few other things, but for the most part slept.

I’m sitting here on Day 3 of my treatment and I’m a little antsy. I feel like running around with my girlfriend aka my IV tower.

Made an acquaintance yesterday. An older gentleman recommended drinking room temperature liquids to help with hiccups and it seemed to help. Forgot his name, but he was only here a few minutes today. Told him thanks for the tip.

Not exactly a moment like in the movie 50/50 were he bonds with some of his peers getting treatment, but it’s a start.

Nothing else really to report, except my hair is still intact. Probably won’t make it through the first round, but so far it’s holding on like it has for years lol. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment