Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 5, first cyle

I try to hide it on the surface, but I can be an emotional guy. Most people take me as either shy or arrogant because I can be standoffish. Shy I can see sometimes, but don't know where arrogant comes from.

I try to hide my emotions and end up sort of shutting down. Well as I sit her finishing the final day of my first long week of chemo, I'm a little emotional, but glad I have broken out of my box and gotten to know the nurses here a little bit. They are really helpful and here to make you feel better. They have made my stay much easier and I'm glad they have taken the time to assist me in any way they can.

It's been a hard week not only for me, but for those close to me. I started off the week with a positive attitude and while I'm not quite the ray of sunshine I was Monday, chemo has not broke me yet.

Don't know if I'm making much sense, but just wanted to write a blog to kill some time.

The mornings the last two days have been difficult because of my nerves. In the past I could feel nauseous for the smallest things. Chemo certainly amplifies that, but the prescriptions have certainly helped.

I have three days off after today, which I'm looking forward to. Especially getting to spend some time with the kids. I've been pretty exhausted at times after treatment, but I hope my energy will get up over the weekend. After all I have a 2-year-old in a mini cooper to chase.

Hope I'm not bouncing around too much with the chemo brain. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment