Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 3, Cycle 1

Sitting here on Day 4 of my first cycle and feeling pretty good. I had some anxiety this morning and when I got here, but have since calmed down. It’s a long week and something about Thursday just had me feeling like it wasn’t going to end.

Day 3 was expected to be a tough one because it was my first full dose of Bleo, but I handled it pretty well. It has been known to cause flu like symptoms, which can be problematic when your immune system is not full strength.

I avoided any flu like symptoms, which was a good thing. All the nurses here have been extremely helpful and made me glad I choose to use this facility.

I had a few visitors yesterday and my wife’s work send me some cookies to the house, which I appreciated. (I love cookies.)

My mom came over our house after she got off work so Dina could go see the kids. But I was feeling a little better so me and my mom went on a top secret mission to Toys R Us and got Ben a brand new mini cooper Power Wheel. We got a pretty good deal too. The battery needed to be charged, but he was still excited.

It was nice to see him even for only a few minutes. I got to see Emma too, who I hear has been a great girl for her Nana.

I don’t know if my kids will ever read this blog one day, but if they do just know Daddy loves you and you were the light at the end of the tunnel for me. I want to grow old so I can see how great you both turn out and be there every step of the way.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment